Controller of personal information
Any Personal Information provided to or gathered by us shall be solely controlled by us
according to our activities as a data controller. You can find us at:
3P/238 Karangahape Road
Business number: 6476412
What personal information do we gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience on our website. We use the information to deliver services including software updates and bug fixes, communicate with you about our promotional offers, update our records and maintain your accounts with us, display content such as purchased license keys, respond to your requests, and recommend services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website, and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, or other functions on our behalf, as described below.
We gather the following types of information:
- Information you give us: we receive and store the information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. The information we collect is displayed under Account information. You can choose not to provide certain information, with the understanding that you may then not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us, including your IP (Internet Protocol) address, computer and browser type and version, login attempts, search queries and other interaction with our website. We may also collect other technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention, diagnostic purposes, and in order to track technical issues and errors.
- E-mail communications: we will send you e-mails concerning promotional offers unless you unsubscribe by clicking the Unsubscribe button found at the bottom of these promotional e-mail messages.
- Account information: after you have made a purchase via our webshop, or have entered an activation code at our web site, Algonaut will automatically create a personal account for you. This personal account contains the following information: first name, last name, address, zip, phone, e-mail address, and a purchase overview.
How secure is information about me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. When using a shared computer, make sure to sign off when finished and to avoid using the Remember Me login feature.
What information can I access?
We give you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This concerns personal information including your address, e-mail address, and an overview of historical purchases (via which you can view your remaining license counts). You can also request a complete copy of your personal data by contacting us.
Do we share the information we receive?
- Third-party service providers: we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. They only have access to personal information that is both needed to perform their services and which they collected from you themselves. They may not use this information for other purposes. They process the personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share that information with them.
What choices do I have?
As discussed above, you always have the choice not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of our features and your Algonaut account.
- You can add or update certain information on your Algonaut account. When you update information, we typically keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust this preference in your Algonaut account or click the unsubscribe link that is included at the bottom of every promotional e-mail sent from us.
- You cannot delete your personal Algonaut account yourself, however, we can delete it for you on request. Your personal information will then no longer be accessible and will be stored (in a private location) for a period no longer than necessary.
Are children allowed to use the Algonaut website?
Algonaut does not sell services for purchase by children. If you are under the age of 18, you may use the Algonaut website only with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
What about cookies?
Cookies are small text files that we transfer, with your consent, to your device to enable our systems to uniquely identify your device. We use functional cookies, analytic cookies, and third-party cookies (Google Analytics).
The Algonaut website uses the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: these cookies improve the user experience on our website. We use them to identify existing account holders when they want to sign-in to our site, saving them from entering their login details on every visit. We also use a cookie to recognise existing newsletter subscribers so we do not ask them to join again.
Conditions of use, notices & revisions